WHAT’S DIFFERENT ABOUT ENERGEX?
Most energy boosters raise both blood glucose and insulin leading to unstable and unavailable energy. EnerGex raises blood glucose in a more controlled way with around half the insulin response. EnerGex is also rapidly absorbed and the effects are seen within minutes.
- A unique disaccharide (two sugars linked together) that slowly releases glucose for energy during prolonged exercise or which can be given following exercise for faster recovery of muscle and liver glucose stores
- Increases blood glucose with less insulin response than glucose alone
- Prolonged exercise can result in depletion of muscle and liver glycogen
- When muscle glycogen is depleted the horse can continue to exercise on fat, but at a slower speed
- When liver glycogen is depleted blood glucose cannot be maintained
- When blood glucose drops below ~4 mmol/l in people they experience fatigue and dizziness
- In a 160km endurance race in the UK, 40% of horses finished with a blood glucose <4 mmol/l whilst 25% finished with a blood glucose less than 3 mmol/l
- EnerGex can be given once a horse starts to signs of tiredness and the effects will be seen within ~15 minutes.
- EnerGex is even more effective when given around 30 minutes prior to the start of exercise.
- In endurance races EnerGex is most effective when given immediately before the start and in each vet-gate.
- For competitions where there are multiple rounds or which last over several days, EnerGex can be given after each bout of exercise to help maintain energy levels
- EnerGex can also be given to horses that are not eating normally, for example during travelling.
- One syringe (60g) represents one dose for a 400-600kg horse. The dose can be adjusted for small ponies (1/2 to ¾ of a syringe) and larger horses will benefit from 1.5 to 2 syringes).
- Proven in trials at Oklahoma State University (USA)
- Recent studies show Energex can increase the rate of glycogen restoration if given immediately post exercise
- Does not contravene FEI rules or rules of racing
- Easy to administer: smooth flowing and slightly sweet
- Tested to be free from the prohibited substances caffeine, theobromine, theophylline, hyoscine, hordenine, morphine and atropine
- See testimonials
- Available in 60g syringes